So, I’ll be honest, I finished this one ages ago. It took even longer to get pictures but I’ve had those for ages too. -Bad, bad blogger-
I made this dress for my mother around Mother’s day. It’s McCalls’s 5890, sadly out of print.
She found this fabric while we were at Joann’s Fabrics, which had this lovely print on one side, and then the same design with a lace overlay printed on top.
Silly me forgot to take in-progress shots, so I don’t have a picture of it. I’ll see if I can get her to dig it out and put in an edit later.
We wanted to find a pattern that showed off both sides of the fabric, but we ended up choosing the McCalls:
While view D looks simple enough, it turns out they had sized it for wovens and not knits. This isn’t the first time I’ve come across this problem, but I believe we ended up going down two sizes to get the correct negative ease.
To make up for the both sides not showing, I zigzagged the seam allowance flat so that the dress could be reversible. She’s only worn it this one time, so, I don’t have pictures of that either.
Other than the sizing issue, it was really pretty easy to stitch up, and there’s enough fabric left over for a shirt too, I think, which will probably get more wear.